Zyvox User Reviews

Zyvox - User Reviews

Zyvox User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyvox sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jayne74, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

I had complications after spinal surgery and ended up with a spinal cord leak. The infectious disease doctor put me on Zyvox since I'm allergic to Rocephin. I was on the IV drug for 11 days in the hospital to make sure I didn't get an infection. I went home and 7 days later developed the worst allergic reaction to it. I had itchy blisters over 1/2 my body. I saw 5 doctors in 5 days. Ended up on VERY HIGH doses of prednisone and because of that didn't sleep for a week.

Related Reading: Zyvox | Rocephin | sleep

Comment from: SandiM, 35-44 (Patient) Published: August 19

I had surgery on my knee contracted staph in hsp. from surgery. was on vancomyasin 1st felt AWEFUL on drug but was working, they switched me to Zyvox feel Much better hopefully working as well will let you know. I do have a metal taste also but much better than other drug will take this anyday.

Comment from: gramps, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 20

In 2006 I had flesh eating bacteria on my leg and also got msra after fighting the doctors on saving my leg which I did I ended up fighting mrsa and olsing toes and a few bones in my foot I was given this last week and have just finished my first week on it so I hope that this will take care of the infection will keep you up to date on the results

Comment from: rodkathy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 12

My husband has been on Zyvox 600mg for almost 2 weeks. He had MRSA in and around his lungs from aan acute pancreatitis attack. He was in the hospital for 3 weeks and on many IV antibodics. His white count is almost normal, so it must be working. He says all of his food is tasteless, he has stomach upset & heartburn. I will update this in a few weeks but we think it is working!

Related Reading: MRSA | pancreatitis | heartburn

Comment from: OUCH, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

I had hip surgery and acquired a hospital staff infection. I became VREF and had to be put on another antibiotic. Zyvox was the infectious disease dr choice. Initially, I was on the oral form. After, six months and the fifth hip surgery, I am home on IV Zyvox. This is my second week of the IV along with another IV antibiotic. I am waiting for this drug to do it's thing. I tolerate the IV Zyvox better than the oral. I felt the oral drug was not disolving fast enough to be helpful. I do think this is alot better for me. I haven't had the high fevers lately. I do not have an appetite though. This is okay since losing weight is part of my overall health goal. The visiting nurses are teaching me how to do this IV stuff myself. This drug info is really clear for the patient to inspect and follow. I do recommend this drug if you are in real need. I came close to losing my thigh bone due to infection. My wound is slowly healing. I have advanced off of five months of a wound vac. I am optimistic this is the final need and I will soon be walking the fields again. GO ZYVOX...HEAL MY INFECTION! I have not had any metal taste etc...so far, this has helped. I will trust this is the answer but, now I don't have the final results.

Comment from: LR, 45-54 Published: January 12

I'm asking this question for my 90 year old father who has MRSA. He has a terrible taste of metal in his mouth. He can barely eat anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment from: nycmrsasurvivor, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 14

I had second bout with mrsa, male, 58 yr, zyvox 6 pills saved my life as I was given bactrim DS and was added another sulfuric drug, I had an allergic reaction to both sulfur drugs, 2nd time not 1st time, I almost lost my left finger until ER put me on 6 pills of zyvox and mrsa stopped. I am taking apple cider vinegar (a shot ) 2 x a day and alternate medicine to prevent rebout with mrsa. Zyvox worked. I was crying with immune doctor as i thought I would die, My allergic reaction, had blown up face, hives, and genital swelling horrible memory this past 9/11/08. I prayer to God a lot more. I was fortunate to get zyvox $80..0 a pill, my insurance did pay that 2am so Hospital paid for pills to prevent finger lose. Spent 4 days inpatient on vancomycin IV, in Beth Israel Hospital NYC. This zyvox saved my life.....literally

Related Reading: bactrim | hives

Comment from: djqer2, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

I was in intensive care with mrsa. I wasn't expected to survive. An infectious disease doctor tried zyvox iv. I began to recover.After a stay of five weeks, I left the hospital. Three weeks later I returned to teaching full time. Zyvox saved my life! This was in June, 2006.