"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Sectral Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Sectral
Generic Name: acebutolol (Pronunciation: A se BUE toe lol)
- What is acebutolol (Sectral)?
- What are the possible side effects of acebutolol (Sectral)?
- What is the most important information I should know about acebutolol (Sectral)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking acebutolol (Sectral)?
- How should I take acebutolol (Sectral)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Sectral)?
- What happens if I overdose (Sectral)?
- What should I avoid while taking acebutolol (Sectral)?
- What other drugs will affect acebutolol (Sectral)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is acebutolol (Sectral)?
Acebutolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Acebutolol is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) and heart rhythm disorders.
Acebutolol may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Acebutolol 200 mg-AMN
capsule, orange/purple, imprinted with AMNEAL, 669
Acebutolol 200 mg-MYL
capsule, red, imprinted with MYLAN 1200
Acebutolol 200 mg-PAR
capsule, orange/purple, imprinted with AC200
Acebutolol 400 mg-AMN
capsule, orange/purple, imprinted with Amneal 670
Acebutolol 400 mg-MYL
capsule, red, imprinted with MYLAN 1400
Acebutolol 400 mg-PAR
capsule, lavender/orange, imprinted with AC400
Sectral 200 mg-RED
capsule, orange/purple, imprinted with RP700, SECTRAL 200
Sectral 400 mg-RED
capsule, brown/orange, imprinted with RP 701, SECTRAL 400
What are the possible side effects of acebutolol (Sectral)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- slow or uneven heartbeats;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- depression; or
- cold feeling in your hands and feet.
Less serious side effects may include:
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- tired feeling; or
- anxiety, nervousness.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Sectral (acebutolol) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about acebutolol (Sectral)?
Do not stop taking acebutolol without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse.
If you need to have any type of surgery, you may need to temporarily stop using acebutolol. Be sure the surgeon knows ahead of time that you are using acebutolol.
Acebutolol can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Avoid drinking alcohol, which could increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking acebutolol.
Acebutolol is only part of a complete program of treatment for hypertension that may also include diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely if you are being treated for hypertension.
Keep using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Additional Sectral Information
- Sectral Drug Interactions Center: acebutolol oral
- Sectral Side Effects Center
- Sectral Overview including Precautions
- Sectral FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Sectral - User Reviews
Sectral User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.