- What other names is Senna known by?
- What is Senna?
- Is Senna effective?
- How does Senna work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Senna.
There isn't enough information to know if senna is effective for the other conditions people use it for, including: hemorrhoids, losing weight, and others.
Likely Effective for...
Possibly Effective for...
- Bowel preparation before colonoscopy.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Hemorrhoids, irritable bowel disease, losing weight, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Senna work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.