- What other names is Senna known by?
- What is Senna?
- Is Senna effective?
- How does Senna work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Senna.
There isn't enough information to know if senna is effective for the other conditions people use it for, including: hemorrhoids, losing weight, and others.
Likely Effective for...
Possibly Effective for...
- Bowel preparation before colonoscopy.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Hemorrhoids, irritable bowel disease, losing weight, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Senna work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.