"Nov. 7, 2012 -- Statins -- widely prescribed drugs used to help prevent death from heart disease -- may play a role in reducing risk for cancer death, too, a new study shows.
Researchers followed all cancer patients in Denmark diagnos"...
- Take with Food: Patients should be advised to take Sensipar with food or shortly after a meal. Tablets should be taken whole and should not be divided.
- Laboratory Monitoring: Patients should be informed of the importance of regular blood tests, in order to monitor the safety and efficacy of Sensipar therapy.
- Common Serious Adverse Reactions: Patients should be advised to report nausea, vomiting, and potential symptoms of hypocalcemia, including tingling/numbness of the skin, muscle pain, and muscle cramping.
- Seizures: Patients should be queried if they are taking medication to prevent seizures or have had seizures in the past and be advised to report any seizure episodes while on Sensipar therapy.
- Lactation Surveillance Program: Encourage patients who are nursing while on Sensipar treatment to enroll in Amgen's Lactation Surveillance Program. To enroll patients should call 1-800-77-AMGEN (1-800-772-6436).
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/11/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Sensipar Information
Sensipar - User Reviews
Sensipar User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.