In this Article
- What other names is Shepherd's Purse known by?
- What is Shepherd's Purse?
- How does Shepherd's Purse work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Shepherd's Purse.
An overdose of shepherd's purse might cause paralysis, breathing difficulty, and death.
Do not take shepherd's purse if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a heart condition.
- You have kidney stones.
- You have a thyroid problem.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Shepherd's purse might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.