- What other names is Shiitake Mushroom known by?
- What is Shiitake Mushroom?
- How does Shiitake Mushroom work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Shiitake Mushroom.
Shiitake mushroom is used for boosting the immune system, lowering blood cholesterol levels, treating prostate cancer, and as an anti-aging agent.
Shiitake mushroom is also eaten as food.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Prostate cancer. Shiitake mushroom extract does not seem to stop prostate cancer from advancing, at least according to a laboratory test that measures prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels. PSA levels can be used to measure the progress of prostate cancer.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- High cholesterol.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.