"Nov. 6, 2012 -- Exercise helps put people with Parkinson's disease on a path to better health, a new study shows.
All Parkinson's patients reach a point in their disease where they begin to have trouble walking. Typically, a person st"...
Sinemet CR Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
- What are the possible side effects of carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
- How should I take carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Sinemet CR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Sinemet CR)?
- What should I avoid while taking carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
- What other drugs will affect carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Sinemet CR)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Sinemet CR)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Overdose can cause uneven heart rate.
What should I avoid while taking carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
Avoid taking iron supplements or eating a diet that is high in protein (protein sources include meat, eggs, and cheese). These things can make it harder for your body to digest and absorb carbidopa and levodopa. Talk with your doctor or nutrition counselor about the best foods to eat while you are taking this medication.
If you are unsure of how this medicine will affect you, be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
What other drugs will affect carbidopa and levodopa (Sinemet CR)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- other Parkinson's medications;
- metoclopramide (Reglan);
- isoniazid (Nydrazid);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- papaverine (Pavabid, Papacon, Pavagen, Pavacot);
- blood pressure medication;
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip), doxepin (Sinequan), nortriptyline (Pamelor), and others; or
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), haloperidol (Haldol), prochlorperazine (Compazine), risperidone (Risperdal), and others;
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with carbidopa and levodopa. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about carbidopa and levodopa.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 10.03. Revision date: 6/15/2012.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Sinemet CR Information
- Sinemet CR Drug Interactions Center: carbidopa-levodopa oral
- Sinemet CR Side Effects Center
- Sinemet CR Overview including Precautions
- Sinemet CR FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Sinemet CR - User Reviews
Sinemet CR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get breaking medical news.