Table of Contents
- Sinus headache facts
- What are the sinuses?
- What is a sinus headache?
- What causes a sinus headache?
- What are the symptoms of a sinus headache?
- Symptoms with sinus infection
- Symptoms with sinus inflammation
- What kind of a doctor treats sinus headache?
- When should I seek medical care for a sinus headache?
- How is a sinus headache diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for a sinus headache?
- What home remedies help soothe the symptoms of a sinus headache?
- What over-the-counter (OTC) medications treat a sinus headache?
- What prescription medications treat a sinus headache?
- What about surgery for sinus headache?
- What are the complications of a sinus headache?
- Can a sinus headache be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for a sinus headache?
What is the treatment for a sinus headache?
The treatment goal for sinus headache is twofold. The first step is to decrease the inflammation within the sinuses to help them drain. Once drainage occurs and the pressure is relieved, the pain should subside. The second aspect is to make the patient comfortable while treating the underlying problem.
What home remedies help soothe the symptoms of a sinus headache?
There are remedies that can be used at home to help decrease congestion within the nasal passages, and include:
Drinking plenty of fluids to help keep the body hydrated.
Using humidified air and a salt water nasal spray to help with congestion
Neti pots are an alternative way to get humidity into the nasal passages and assist with drainage to prevent inflammation and infection. Remember to read the instructions and use distilled or properly boiled water. Deaths have been caused by using tap water in the Neti-pot.
- Track Cold and Flu Symptoms Near You
- How to Spot Deadly Allergy Triggers
- Help For Baby's Dry, Itchy Skin