In this Article
- What other names is Sitostanol known by?
- What is Sitostanol?
- How does Sitostanol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Sitostanol.
Adults can safely use sitostanol for up to one year, and children can safely use it for up to three months.
Do not take sitostanol if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For high cholesterol: 800 mg to 4 grams of sitostanol per day have been tried. However, doses above 2 grams per day don't seem to work any better than 2 grams per day. Single daily doses seem to be as effective as divided doses administered twice or three times daily.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Tips to keep it under control.