- What other names is Sitostanol known by?
- What is Sitostanol?
- How does Sitostanol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Sitostanol.
Likely Effective for...
- Reducing cholesterol levels in adults.
Possibly Effective for...
- Reducing cholesterol levels in children.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.