"Types (classes) of pain medication
Pain medications are drugs used to relieve discomfort associated with disease, injury, or surgery. Because the pain process is complex, there are many types of pain drugs that provide relief by acting "...
Skelaxin Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
- What are the possible side effects of metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
- How should I take metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Skelaxin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Skelaxin)?
- What should I avoid while taking metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
- What other drugs will affect metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to metaxalone, or if you have:
- anemia (a lack of red blood cells);
- severe kidney disease; or
- severe liver disease.
Before using metaxalone, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have liver or kidney disease. You may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take metaxalone.
This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether metaxalone passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take metaxalone (Skelaxin)?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
This medication can cause you to have unusual results with certain medical tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using metaxalone.
Metaxalone is only part of a complete program of treatment that may also include rest, physical therapy, or other pain relief measures. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Store metaxalone at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Skelaxin Information
- Skelaxin Drug Interactions Center: metaxalone oral
- Skelaxin Side Effects Center
- Skelaxin Overview including Precautions
- Skelaxin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Skelaxin - User Reviews
Skelaxin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.