"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today warned patients and health care providers about the possible risk of atypical thigh bone (femoral) fracture in patients who take bisphosphonates, a class of drugs used to prevent and treat osteoporosis."...
Patients receiving SKELID (tiludronate) should be instructed to:
- Take SKELID (tiludronate) with 6 to 8 ounces of plain water.
- Not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking this medication.
- SKELID (tiludronate) should not be taken within 2 hours of food.
- Maintain adequate vitamin D and calcium intake.
- Calcium supplements, aspirin, and indomethacin should not be taken within 2 hours before or 2 hours after SKELID (tiludronate) .
- Aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids, if needed, should be taken at least 2 hours after taking SKELID (tiludronate) .
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/14/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Skelid Information
Skelid - User Reviews
Skelid User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips and advances in treatment.