"May 4, 2011 -- The osteoporosis drugs known as bisphosphonates increase the risk of getting unusual thigh bone fractures, as experts have suspected, according to a new Swedish study.
But these fractures are infrequent and the risk is "...
Patients receiving SKELID (tiludronate) should be instructed to:
- Take SKELID (tiludronate) with 6 to 8 ounces of plain water.
- Not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking this medication.
- SKELID (tiludronate) should not be taken within 2 hours of food.
- Maintain adequate vitamin D and calcium intake.
- Calcium supplements, aspirin, and indomethacin should not be taken within 2 hours before or 2 hours after SKELID (tiludronate) .
- Aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids, if needed, should be taken at least 2 hours after taking SKELID (tiludronate) .
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/14/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Skelid Information
Skelid - User Reviews
Skelid User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips and advances in treatment.