In this Article
- What other names is Slippery Elm known by?
- What is Slippery Elm?
- How does Slippery Elm work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Slippery Elm.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Folklore says that slippery elm bark can cause a miscarriage when it is inserted into the cervix of a pregnant woman. Over the years, slippery elm got the reputation of being capable of causing an abortion even when taken by mouth. However, there's no reliable information to confirm this claim. Nevertheless, stay on the safe side and don't take slippery elm if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find the secrets to longer life.