- What other names is Smartweed known by?
- What is Smartweed?
- How does Smartweed work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Smartweed.
People take smartweed tea to stop bleeding from hemorrhoids, as well as menstrual bleeding and other uterine bleeding. They also use it to treat diarrhea.
Some people put smartweed directly on the skin to wash bloody wounds.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Stopping bleeding.
- Cleansing bloody wounds, when applied directly.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Smartweed work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.