Solage Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
- What are the possible side effects of mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
- What is the most important information I should know about mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
- How should I use mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Solage)?
- What happens if I overdose (Solage)?
- What should I avoid while using mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
- What other drugs will affect mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to mequinol or tretinoin, or if you are pregnant.
Before using mequinol and tretinoin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- sunburned or irritated skin;
- if you sunburn easily;
- if your job requires you to work in the sun; or
- if you or anyone in your family has a history of vitiligo (white patches of skin).
If you have any of these conditions, you may not be able to use mequinol and tretinoin, or you may need dosage adjustments or special tests during treatment.
FDA pregnancy category X. This medication can cause birth defects. Do not use mequinol and tretinoin if you are pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment. Use effective birth control while you are using this medication.
It is not known whether mequinol and tretinoin topical passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I use mequinol and tretinoin topical (Solage)?
Use this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Applying extra medicine or using it for longer than prescribed will not lead to faster or better results. Too much of this medicine can cause severe skin irritation, redness, peeling, discomfort, or bleaching.
Apply mequinol and tretinoin using the applicator tip of the bottle. Apply the medication only to the spots to be treated and avoid getting it on normal skin around the spot. Do not wash the treated area for at least 6 hours after applying this medication.
Mequinol and tretinoin is usually applied twice daily, at least 8 hours apart. Follow your doctor's instructions.
After applying this medication, wait at least 30 minutes before applying makeup or other cosmetics.
Store the medication at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep the bottle inside the carton when not in use. Do not expose the medicine to open flame or high heat. Mequinol and tretinoin solution is flammable.
Additional Solage Information
Solage - User Reviews
Solage User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.