"Consumers and health care professionals will soon find updated labeling for extended-release and long-acting opioid pain relievers to help ensure their safe and appropriate use.
In addition to requiring new labeling on these prescript"...
Soma Compound Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Soma Compound
Generic Name: aspirin and carisoprodol (Pronunciation: AS pir in/ kar eye soe PROE dole)
- What is aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
- What are the possible side effects of aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
- What is the most important information I should know about aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
- How should I take aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Soma Compound)?
- What happens if I overdose (Soma Compound)?
- What should I avoid while taking aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
- What other drugs will affect aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
Aspirin is in a class of drugs called salicylates. Aspirin works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation. It is used to reduce pain, inflammation, and fever.
Carisoprodol is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to the brain.
The combination of aspirin and carisoprodol is used, along with rest and physical therapy, to treat injuries and other painful muscular conditions.
Aspirin and carisoprodol may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
round, pink/white, imprinted with par 246
What are the possible side effects of aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking aspirin and carisoprodol and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- paralysis (loss of feeling) or extreme weakness;
- vision loss;
- agitation or tremor;
- red, black, or bloody stools; or
- bloody vomit.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take aspirin and carisoprodol and talk to your doctor if you experience
- drowsiness or dizziness;
- blurred vision;
- faint ringing in the ears; or
- nausea or diarrhea.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Soma Compound (carisoprodol and aspirin) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about aspirin and carisoprodol (Soma Compound)?
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Aspirin and carisoprodol may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.
Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while taking aspirin and carisoprodol. Also, in combination with aspirin, alcohol can be damaging to the stomach.
Watch for bloody, black, or tarry stools or bloody vomit. This could indicate damage to the stomach.
Do not take more of this medication than is prescribed. If the pain is not being adequately treated, talk to your doctor.
Additional Soma Compound Information
Sodium Lactate - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.