Soma Compound with Codeine
"Young children have died or become seriously ill from accidental exposure to a skin patch containing fentanyl, a powerful pain reliever. As a result of this, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is issuing a Drug Safety Communication to warn pa"...
Soma Compound with Codeine
Soma Compound with Codeine Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- What are the possible side effects of aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- What is the most important information I should know about aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- How should I take aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- What happens if I overdose (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- What should I avoid while taking aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- What other drugs will affect aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
Since aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine is taken as needed, you may not be on a dosing schedule. If you are taking the medication regularly, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of this medication can be fatal.
Overdose symptoms may include rapid breathing, fever, sweating, vomiting, diarrhea, thirst, extreme weakness or dizziness, vision problems, ringing in your ears, muffled hearing, confusion, pinpoint pupils, fainting, weak or shallow breathing, or breathing that stops.
What should I avoid while taking aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any other cold, allergy, or pain medicine. Aspirin is contained in many combination medicines. Taking certain products together can cause you to get too much aspirin. Check the label to see if a medicine contains aspirin.
Avoid using antacids without your doctor's advice. Use only the specific type of antacid your doctor recommends. Antacids contain different medicines and some types can make it harder for your body to absorb aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
This medication can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
What other drugs will affect aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine)?
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by carisoprodol or codeine.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), K-Phos;
- methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall);
- probenecid (Benemid);
- oral diabetes medication; or
- steroids such as prednisone, fluticasone (Advair), mometasone (Asmanex, Nasonex), dexamethasone (Decadron, Hexadrol) and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 5.01. Revision date: 3/14/2011.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Soma Compound with Codeine Information
- Soma Compound with Codeine Drug Interactions Center: carisoprodol-asa-codeine oral
- Soma Compound with Codeine Side Effects Center
- Soma Compound with Codeine Overview including Precautions
- Soma Compound with Codeine FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Soma Compound - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.