- What other names is Sour Cherry known by?
- What is Sour Cherry?
- How does Sour Cherry work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Sour Cherry.
Sour cherry is used for osteoarthritis, muscle pain, exercise-related muscle damage, gout, insomnia, to increase urine production, and to help digestion.
In foods, sour cherries are eaten as a food or flavoring.
In manufacturing, sour cherry is used to make cherry syrup for drugs with an unpleasant taste.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Insomnia. Some research shows that drinking a specific juice blended from whole Montmorency tart cherries and apple juice (Tru Cherry Cheribundi, CherryPharm, Inc., USA) 8 ounces twice might modestly improve sleep patterns in some people with insomnia.
- Increasing urination.
- Improving digestion.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.