- What other names is Soybean Oil known by?
- What is Soybean Oil?
- How does Soybean Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Soybean Oil.
- Use as a nutritional supplement in intravenous feedings.
Likely Effective for...
- Preventing mosquito bites when applied to the skin. Soybean oil is an ingredient in some commercial mosquito repellents. It seems to be comparable to some other mosquito repellents including some products that contain a small amount of DEET.
Possibly Effective for...
- Lowering cholesterol levels in people with high cholesterol.
- Osteoarthritis, when a specific processed part of the oil (unsaponifiable fractions) is used in combination with avocado oil.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options