"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved the MemoryShape Breast Implant to increase breast size (augmentation) for use in women at least 22 years old and to rebuild breast tissue (reconstruction) in women of any age. The MemoryShape B"...
Spectracef Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is cefditoren (Spectracef)?
- What are the possible side effects of cefditoren (Spectracef)?
- What is the most important information I should know about cefditoren (Spectracef)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking cefditoren (Spectracef)?
- How should I take cefditoren (Spectracef)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Spectracef)?
- What happens if I overdose (Spectracef)?
- What should I avoid while taking cefditoren (Spectracef)?
- What other drugs will affect cefditoren (Spectracef)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking cefditoren (Spectracef)?
Do not take cefditoren if you are allergic to milk protein (not lactose intolerance), or if you have a carnitine deficiency (a lack of a certain chemical in the body). Talk with your doctor if you are unsure.
Do not take this medication if you are allergic to cefditoren, or to other cephalosporin antibiotics, such as:
- cefaclor (Raniclor);
- cefadroxil (Duricef);
- cefazolin (Ancef);
- cefdinir (Omnicef);
- cefpodoxime (Vantin);
- cefprozil (Cefzil);
- ceftibuten (Cedax);
- cefuroxime (Ceftin);
- cephalexin (Keflex); or
- cephradine (Velosef).
Before taking cefditoren, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs (especially penicillins), or if you have:
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis);
- liver disease; or
- if you are malnourished.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take cefditoren.
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether cefditoren passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not take this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take cefditoren (Spectracef)?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take this medication with a full glass of water.
Your body will best absorb cefditoren if you take it with food.
Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Cefditoren will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
This medication can cause you to have false results with certain medical tests, including urine glucose (sugar) tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using cefditoren.
Store cefditoren at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Additional Spectracef Information
- Spectracef Drug Interactions Center: cefditoren pivoxil oral
- Spectracef Side Effects Center
- Spectracef Overview including Precautions
- Spectracef FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Spectracef - User Reviews
Spectracef User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.