In this Article
- What other names is Spinach known by?
- What is Spinach?
- How does Spinach work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Spinach.
Spinach is safe during pregnancy and breast-feeding when used in food amounts, but the safety of spinach supplements in pills is not known.
Do not give spinach to infants less than four months old. It can sometimes cause a blood disorder in young infants.
Do not use spinach if:
- You have kidney stones.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.