St. John's Wort
In this Article
- What other names is St. John's Wort known by?
- What is St. John's Wort?
- Is St. John's Wort effective?
- How does St. John's Wort work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for St. John's Wort.
St. John's wort can cause skin to become extra sensitive to the sun. Wear sunblock outside, especially if you are light-skinned.
Do not use St. John's wort if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are trying to get pregnant or father a child.
- You have attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- You have bipolar disorder.
- You have schizophrenia.
- You have Alzheimer's disease.
- You have major depression.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.