May 2, 2016
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)
Table of Contents
- Staph infection facts
- What is Staphylococcus?
- Who is at risk for staph infections?
- What are the symptoms and signs of a staph infection?
- What types of diseases are caused by staph?
- What types of diseases are caused by staph? (continued)
- How are staph infections diagnosed? What is the treatment for staph infections?
- What is antibiotic-resistant S. aureus?
- What are complications of staph infections?
- Can staph infections be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for staph infections?
What are the symptoms and signs of a staph infection?
Staphylococcal disease of the skin usually results in a localized collection of pus, known as an abscess, boil, or furuncle, depending upon the exact type of lesion that is present. The affected area symptoms may be
- tender or painful.
4/11Reviewed on 3/4/2015