Star Of Bethlehem
- What other names is Star Of Bethlehem known by?
- What is Star Of Bethlehem?
- How does Star Of Bethlehem work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Star Of Bethlehem.
Despite serious safety concerns, people take star of Bethlehem for congestive heart failure (CHF).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Heart failure. Individuals report that taking extracts of star of Bethlehem can improve heart function, decrease lung congestion, and decrease water retention in the legs. But a formal scientific study is needed to determine whether these benefits are typical.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.