In this Article
- What other names is Stevia known by?
- What is Stevia?
- How does Stevia work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Stevia.
Some people who take stevia or a component of stevia called stevioside can experience bloating or nausea. Other people have reported feelings of dizziness, muscle pain, and numbness.
Stevia might cause an allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family of plants including ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, and many other plants.
Do not take stevia if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.