"COPENHAGEN â€” An investigational agent that blocks a key headache-related receptor significantly reduces the number of mean monthly migraine days, new phase 2 data show.
Findings showed that after 52 weeks, 18.5% of patients with migra"...
The elimination half-life of sumatriptan is about 2 hours [see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY], and therefore monitoring of patients after overdose with subcutaneous sumatriptan should continue for at least 10 hours or while symptoms or signs persist. It is unknown what effect hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis has on the serum concentrations of sumatriptan.
Sumavel DosePro is contraindicated in patients with:
- Ischemic coronary artery disease (CAD) (angina pectoris, history of myocardial infarction, or documented silent ischemia) or coronary artery vasospasm, including Prinzmetal's angina [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or arrhythmias associated with other cardiac accessory conduction pathway disorders [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- History of stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) because these patients are at a higher risk of stroke [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- History of hemiplegic or basilar migraine Peripheral vascular disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Ischemic bowel disease [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Uncontrolled hypertension [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Recent (i.e., within 24 hours) use of ergotamine-containing medication, ergot-type medication (such as dihydroergotamine or methysergide), or another 5-hydroxytryptamine1 (5-HT1 ) agonist [see DRUG INTERACTIONS]
- Concurrent administration of a monamine oxidase (MAO)-A inhibitor or recent (within 2 weeks) use of an MAO-A inhibitor [see DRUG INTERACTIONS and CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY]
- Hypersensitivity to Sumavel DosePro (angioedema and anaphylaxis seen) [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/13/2016
Additional Sumavel DosePro Information
Sumavel DosePro - User Reviews
Sumavel DosePro User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find the secrets to longer life.