"Jan. 15, 2013 -- Women who have migraine with aura may have a higher risk of heart attacks, and they may face a higher risk of dangerous blood clots if they use certain hormonal contraceptives.
Those are the findings from two newly pu"...
Sumavel DosePro Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
- What are the possible side effects of sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
- What is the most important information I should know about sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
- How should I use sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Sumavel DosePro)?
- What happens if I overdose (Sumavel DosePro)?
- What should I avoid while using sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
- What other drugs will affect sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Sumavel DosePro)?
Since sumatriptan is used as needed, it does not have a daily dosing schedule. Call your doctor promptly if your symptoms do not improve after using sumatriptan.
After using a sumatriptan injection, you must wait one (1) hour before using a second injection. Do not use more than two (2) injections in 24 hours.
What happens if I overdose (Sumavel DosePro)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Overdose symptoms may include tremors or shaking, skin redness, breathing problems, blue-colored lips or fingernails, vision problems, watery eyes or mouth, weakness, lack of coordination, or seizure (convulsions).
What should I avoid while using sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
Do not use sumatriptan within 24 hours before or after using another migraine headache medicine, including:
- sumatriptan tablets or nasal spray, almotriptan (Axert), eletriptan (Relpax), frovatriptan (Frova), naratriptan (Amerge), rizatriptan (Maxalt, Maxalt-MLT), or zolmitriptan (Zomig); or
- ergot medicine such as dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal), ergotamine (Ergomar, Cafergot, Migergot), dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal), or methylergonovine (Methergine).
Sumatriptan may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
What other drugs will affect sumatriptan injection (Sumavel DosePro)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- an antidepressant such as citalopram (Celexa), desvenlafaxine (Pristiq), duloxetine (Cymbalta), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), or venlafaxine (Effexor).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with sumatriptan. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about sumatriptan.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 5.01. Revision date: 2/5/2011.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Sumavel DosePro Information
- Sumavel DosePro Drug Interactions Center: sumatriptan succinate subq
- Sumavel DosePro Side Effects Center
- Sumavel DosePro Overview including Precautions
- Sumavel DosePro FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Sumavel DosePro - User Reviews
Sumavel DosePro User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find the secrets to longer life.