In this Article
- What other names is Superoxide Dismutase known by?
- What is Superoxide Dismutase?
- How does Superoxide Dismutase work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Superoxide Dismutase.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of superoxide dismutase during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
- Healthcare providers give superoxide dismutase as a shot for certain bladder infections (interstitial cystitis), osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and lung damage that sometimes develops in premature infants who have been given oxygen to help them survive.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options