"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today notified Ranbaxy Laboratories, Ltd., that it is prohibited from manufacturing and distributing active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) from its facility in Toansa, India, for FDA-regulated drug product"...
Anesthesia providers need to obtain the following information from patients prior to administration of anesthesia:
- Medications they are taking, including herbal supplements
- Drug allergies, including allergic reactions to anesthetic agents (including hepatic sensitivity)
- Any history of severe reactions to prior administration of anesthetic
- If the patient or a member of the patient's family has a history of malignant hyperthermia or if the patient has a history of Duchenne muscular dystrophy or other latent neuromuscular disease
Anesthesia providers should inform patients of the risks associated with SUPRANE:
- Post-operative nausea and vomiting and respiratory adverse effects including coughing.
- There is no information of the effects of SUPRANE following anesthesia on the ability to operate an automobile or other heavy machinery. However, patients should be advised that the ability to perform such tasks may be impaired after receiving anesthetic agents.
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/18/2015
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Suprane Information
- Suprane Drug Interactions Center: desflurane inhl
- Suprane Side Effects Center
- Suprane FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.