"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Clinolipid (lipid injectable emulsion, USP) for intravenous feeding (parenteral nutrition) in adult patients, providing a source of calories and essential fatty acids for adult patients who are"...
The symptoms of overdosage of SUPRANE (desflurane, USP) can present as a deepening of anesthesia, cardiac and/or respiratory depression in spontaneously breathing patients, and cardiac depression in ventilated patients in whom hypercapnia and hypoxia may occur only at a late stage. In the event of overdosage, or suspected overdosage, take the following actions: discontinue administration of SUPRANE (desflurane, USP), maintain a patent airway, initiate assisted or controlled ventilation with oxygen, and maintain adequate cardiovascular function.
The use of SUPRANE (desflurane, USP) is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Known or suspected genetic susceptibility to malignant hyperthermia.
- Patients in whom general anesthesia is contraindicated.
- Induction of anesthesia in pediatric patients.
- Patients with known sensitivity to SUPRANE (desflurane, USP) or to other halogenated agents [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/3/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Suprane Information
- Suprane Drug Interactions Center: desflurane inhl
- Suprane Side Effects Center
- Suprane FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.