"A new consumer-friendly form ( is now available for making reports to MedWatch, the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) on-line system for collecting information about serious problems with drugs, medical devices and other FDA-"...
The symptoms of overdosage of SUPRANE (desflurane, USP) can present as a deepening of anesthesia, cardiac and/or respiratory depression in spontaneously breathing patients, and cardiac depression in ventilated patients in whom hypercapnia and hypoxia may occur only at a late stage. In the event of overdosage, or suspected overdosage, take the following actions: discontinue administration of SUPRANE (desflurane, USP), maintain a patent airway, initiate assisted or controlled ventilation with oxygen, and maintain adequate cardiovascular function.
The use of SUPRANE (desflurane, USP) is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Known or suspected genetic susceptibility to malignant hyperthermia.
- Patients in whom general anesthesia is contraindicated.
- Induction of anesthesia in pediatric patients.
- Patients with known sensitivity to SUPRANE (desflurane, USP) or to other halogenated agents [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/3/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Suprane Information
- Suprane Drug Interactions Center: desflurane inhl
- Suprane Side Effects Center
- Suprane FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.