"May 8, 2015 -- The thyroid drug Synthroid continues to be the nation's most-prescribed medication. But Humira, which treats a variety of conditions, had the highest sales, according to the research firm IMS Health.
The firm released data on"...
The symptoms of overdosage of SUPRANE can present as a deepening of anesthesia, cardiac and/or respiratory depression in spontaneously breathing patients, and cardiac depression in ventilated patients in whom hypercapnia and hypoxia may occur only at a late stage. In the event of overdosage, or suspected overdosage, take the following actions: discontinue administration of SUPRANE, maintain a patent airway, initiate assisted or controlled ventilation with oxygen, and maintain adequate cardiovascular function.
The use of SUPRANE is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Known or suspected genetic susceptibility to malignant hyperthermia.
- Patients in whom general anesthesia is contraindicated.
- Induction of anesthesia in pediatric patients.
- Patients with known sensitivity to SUPRANE or to other halogenated agents [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
- Patients with a history of moderate to severe hepatic dysfunction following anesthesia with SUPRANE or other halogenated agents and not otherwise explained [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS].
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/18/2015
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Suprane Information
- Suprane Drug Interactions Center: desflurane inhl
- Suprane Side Effects Center
- Suprane FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.