"Peep, chirp, quack! Live baby poultry, such as chicks, ducklings, goslings, and baby turkeys, can carry harmful germs called Salmonella. After you touch a chick, duckling, or other baby bird, or anything in the area where they live and roa"...
Suprax Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Suprax
Generic Name: cefixime (Pronunciation: sef IX eem)
- What is cefixime (Suprax)?
- What are the possible side effects of cefixime (Suprax)?
- What is the most important information I should know about cefixime (Suprax)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking cefixime (Suprax)?
- How should I take cefixime (Suprax)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Suprax)?
- What happens if I overdose (Suprax)?
- What should I avoid while taking cefixime (Suprax)?
- What other drugs will affect cefixime (Suprax)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is cefixime (Suprax)?
Cefixime is in a group of drugs called cephalosporin (SEF a low spor in) antibiotics. It works by fighting bacteria in your body.
Cefixime is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria.
Cefixime may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Suprax 400 mg
rectangular, white, imprinted with SUPRAX, LL 400
What are the possible side effects of cefixime (Suprax)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fever, sore throat, and joint pain with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- numbness or tingly feeling;
- warmth, redness, or tingling under your skin;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- chest pain, shortness of breath.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea, stomach pain, constipation, loss of appetite;
- anxiety, drowsiness;
- increased night-time urination;
- runny nose, sore throat, cough; or
- vaginal itching or discharge.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Suprax (cefixime) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about cefixime (Suprax)?
Do not take this medication if you are allergic to cefixime, or to similar antibiotics, such as Ceftin, Cefzil, Keflex, Omnicef, and others.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs (especially penicillin).
Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Cefixime will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Additional Suprax Information
- Suprax Drug Interactions Center: cefixime oral
- Suprax Side Effects Center
- Suprax Overview including Precautions
- Suprax FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Suprax - User Reviews
Suprax User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.