In this Article
- What other names is Swallowroot known by?
- What is Swallowroot?
- How does Swallowroot work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Swallowroot.
Medications that slow blood clotting (Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Swallowroot might slow blood clotting. Taking swallowroot along with medications that also slow clotting might increase the chances of bruising and bleeding.
Some medications that slow blood clotting include aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, others), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.