In this Article
- What other names is Sweet Orange known by?
- What is Sweet Orange?
- How does Sweet Orange work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Sweet Orange.
Sweet orange also contains large amounts of potassium. There is evidence that potassium may help prevent high blood pressure and stroke.
Sweet orange fruit and sweet orange juice are used to prevent kidney stones because they contain large amounts of a chemical called citrate. Citrate tends to bind with calcium before it can form kidney stones.
In children, taking large amounts of sweet orange peel is UNSAFE. It can cause colic, convulsions, or death.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Sweet orange seems safe when taken in usual food amounts.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.