- What other names is Sweet Orange known by?
- What is Sweet Orange?
- How does Sweet Orange work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Sweet Orange.
Possibly Effective for...
- Preventing high blood pressure and stroke.
- High cholesterol.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Preventing prostate cancer. Consuming sweet oranges or sweet orange juice does not decrease the chance of getting prostate cancer.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Asthma, colds, coughs, eating disorders, cancerous breast sores, kidney stones, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.