Synarel Nasal Solution
"Treatment approaches for endometriosis often rely on a combination of evidence-based and experience-based (“unsubstantiated” by systematic data and research) approaches. As a result, women with endometriosis may find only temporary or no relief f"...
Synarel Nasal Solution
Synarel Nasal Solution Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Synarel
Generic Name: nafarelin nasal (Pronunciation: NAF a REL in)
- What is nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- What are the possible side effects of nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- What is the most important information I should know about nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- How should I use nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- What happens if I overdose (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- What should I avoid while taking nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- What other drugs will affect nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
Nafarelin nasal is a man-made form of a protein that is like a hormone in the body that helps regulate the menstrual cycle, fertility, and sexual development during puberty.
Nafarelin nasal is used to treat precocious puberty in both male and female children. It is also used to treat endometriosis in women who are 18 years of age or older.
Nafarelin nasal may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- heavy or continued menstrual bleeding;
- pelvic pain or swelling;
- increased thirst, increased urination;
- seizure (convulsions);
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- sudden numbness or weakness, sudden severe headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance; or
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- changes in breast size;
- oily skin or acne, increased body odor;
- increase in pubic hair growth;
- mood changes;
- runny nose;
- hot flashes;
- mild headache, muscle pain;
- light and occasional menstrual bleeding;
- white or brownish vaginal discharge;
- vaginal dryness; or
- changes in sexual desire.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Synarel Nasal Solution (nafarelin acetate nasal solution for endometriosis) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about nafarelin nasal (Synarel Nasal Solution)?
Nafarelin nasal can harm an unborn baby or cause birth defects. Do not use if you are pregnant.
Do not breast-feed while using this medication.
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to nafarelin or similar medicines such as leuprolide (Lupron, Eligard, Viadur), goserelin (Zoladex), histrelin (Vantas), or triptorelin (Trelstar).
If you are a woman, you should not use nafarelin nasal if you have abnormal vaginal bleeding that has not been checked by a doctor; or if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Before using nafarelin nasal, tell your doctor if you have polycystic ovary disease, low bone mineral density, a history of osteoporosis, sneezing or a stuffy nose, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, recent weight gain, high cholesterol, if you take steroids or seizure medication, if you smoke, or if you drink large amounts of alcohol.
Your doctor will need to check your progress on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Call your doctor at once if you have heavy or continued menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain or swelling, increased thirst, increased urination, chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, sweating or general ill feeling, sudden numbness or weakness, sudden severe headache, confusion, or problems with vision, speech, or balance.
Additional Synarel Nasal Solution Information
Synarel - User Reviews
Synarel User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.