"Scientists used advanced genomic sequencing technology to identify a single point of infection from an animal reservoir to a human in the current Ebola outbreak in West Africa. This research has also revealed the dynamics of how the Ebola vir"...
Synercid Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Synercid
Generic Name: dalfopristin and quinupristin (Pronunciation: dal FOE pris tin and kwi NYOO pris tin)
- What is dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
- What are the possible side effects of dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
- What is the most important information I should know about dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
- How is dalfopristin and quinupristin given (Synercid)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Synercid)?
- What happens if I overdose (Synercid)?
- What should I avoid while taking dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
- What other drugs will affect dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
Dalfopristin and quinupristin is a combination antibiotic that fights severe or life-threatening infection caused by bacteria.
Dalfopristin and quinupristin is used to treat severe infections in the blood and other body systems.
Dalfopristin and quinupristin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- confusion, seizure (convulsions);
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness; or
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- joint or muscle pain;
- mild skin rash or itching;
- nausea, vomiting, constipation;
- headache, dizziness;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- vaginal itching or discharge; or
- pain, swelling, or irritation where the IV needle is placed.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Synercid (quinupristin and dalfopristin) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about dalfopristin and quinupristin (Synercid)?
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to dalfopristin and quinupristin.
Before receiving dalfopristin and quinupristin, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease, or a history of any type of allergy.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Additional Synercid Information
Synercid - User Reviews
Synercid User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.