"The US Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee voted yesterday to recommend premarket approval of the Cartiva Synthetic Cartilage Implant for use in pati"...
Synvisc Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc)?
- What are the possible side effects of hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc)?
- What is the most important information I should know about hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc)?
- How is hylan G-F 20 given (Synvisc)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Synvisc)?
- What happens if I overdose (Synvisc)?
- What should I avoid after receiving hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc)?
- What other drugs will affect hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc)?
You should not receive hylan G-F 20 if you are allergic to it, or if you have an infection in your knee or in the skin around your knee.
To make sure you can safely receive hylan G-F 20, tell your doctor if you have:
- blood clots or circulation problems in your legs; or
- an allergy to birds, feathers, or egg products.
It is not known whether hylan G-F 20 will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether hylan G-F 20 passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Hylan G-F 20 is generally not used in anyone younger than 21 years old.
How is hylan G-F 20 given (Synvisc)?
Hylan G-F 20 is injected directly into your knee joint. A healthcare provider will give you this injection.
Hylan G-F 20 is usually given once every week for 3 weeks. Follow your doctor's dosing instructions very carefully.
To prevent pain and swelling, your doctor may recommend resting your knee or applying ice for a short time after your injection.
Additional Synvisc Information
Synvisc - User Reviews
Synvisc User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options