Systemic Lupus (cont.)
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame. There he was involved in research in radiation biology and received the Huisking Scholarship. After graduating from St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD, is a U.S. board-certified Anatomic Pathologist with subspecialty training in the fields of Experimental and Molecular Pathology. Dr. Stöppler's educational background includes a BA with Highest Distinction from the University of Virginia and an MD from the University of North Carolina. She completed residency training in Anatomic Pathology at Georgetown University followed by subspecialty fellowship training in molecular diagnostics and experimental pathology.
Catherine Burt Driver, MD
Catherine Burt Driver, MD, is board certified in internal medicine and rheumatology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Driver is a member of the American College of Rheumatology. She currently is in active practice in the field of rheumatology in Mission Viejo, Calif., where she is a partner in Mission Internal Medical Group.
In this Article
- Systemic lupus erythematosus facts
- What is systemic lupus erythematosus? What are the types of lupus?
- What causes systemic lupus erythematosus? Is lupus hereditary?
- What is drug-induced lupus?
- What are lupus symptoms and signs?
- How is systemic lupus erythematosus diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for systemic lupus?
- How can a lupus patient help prevent disease activity (flares)?
- How can systemic lupus erythematosus affect pregnancy or the newborn?
- What is the prognosis of lupus? What does the future hold for people with systemic lupus?
- Where can one get more information about systemic lupus erythematosus?
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus FAQs
- Find a local Rheumatologist in your town
Where can one get more information about systemic lupus erythematosus?
For more information about systemic lupus erythematosus, see the following sites:
PO Box 19000
Atlanta, GA 30326
Lupus Foundation of Minnesota (http://www.lupusmn.org)
Harris, Edward, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. Philadelphia: Saunders, 2008.
Klippel, J.H., et al. Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases. New York: Springer, 2008.
Viewers share their comments
Get breaking medical news.