"Dec. 4, 2012 -- Acid reflux is the most common reason U.S. adults undergo a procedure where a viewing tube is put down their throat. But many people don't need it, according to new advice from one of internal medicine's main professional groups."...
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- adults and children 12 years and older:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water right before or any time up to 30 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at 15-30°C (59-86°F)
(in each tablet) Cimetidine 200mg
cellulose, corn starch, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, titanium dioxide
Keep out of reach of children.
Questions or comments?
call toll-free 1-800-482-4394 (English/Spanish) weekdays
Medtech Products Inc. Revised: 2014This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 9/26/2016
Additional Tagamet Information
Tagamet - User Reviews
Tagamet User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.