"Nov. 1, 2012 -- Two more drugs made by the New England Compounding Center (NECC) are crawling with various kinds of bacteria, FDA tests reveal.
The NECC is the Massachusetts compounding pharmacy whose drugs are the likely source of th"...
Talwin Nx Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Talwin NX
Generic Name: naloxone and pentazocine (oral) (Pronunciation: nal OX one and pen TAZ oh seen)
- What is naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What are the possible side effects of naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What is the most important information I should know about naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- How should I take naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Talwin Nx)?
- What happens if I overdose (Talwin Nx)?
- What should I avoid while taking naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What other drugs will affect naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
Naloxone is an special narcotic drug that reverses the effects of other narcotic medicines.
Pentazocine is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic.
The combination of naloxone and pentazocine is used to treat moderate-to-severe pain. Naloxone is included in this medication to prevent the misuse of the narcotic ingredient.
Naloxone and pentazocine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Naloxone-Pentazocine 50 mg-WAT
oblong, green, imprinted with 395 50 0 .5, WATSON
What are the possible side effects of naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- weak or shallow breathing, slow heartbeats;
- confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- severe weakness or dizziness;
- seizure (convulsions);
- feeling like you might pass out; or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, drowsiness;
- headache, weakness;
- feeling restless or irritable;
- diarrhea, constipation;
- dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- tremor, chills, sweating;
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- sleep problems (insomnia), strange dreams;
- blurred vision; or
- ringing in your ears.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Talwin Nx (pentazocine and naloxone) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to naloxone (Narcan, Suboxone) or pentazocine (Talacen).
Never crush a naloxone and pentazocine tablet to mix into a liquid for injecting the drug into your vein. This practice has resulted in death with the misuse of pentazocine and similar prescription drugs.
Naloxone and pentazocine may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed. Keep this medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.
Never take naloxone and pentazocine in larger amounts, or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain.
Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medication. Dangerous side effects or death can occur when alcohol is combined with naloxone and pentazocine. Check your food and medicine labels to be sure these products do not contain alcohol.
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how naloxone and pentazocine will affect you.
Do not stop using naloxone and pentazocine suddenly after long-term use, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when you stop using naloxone and pentazocine.
Additional Talwin Nx Information
Talwin Nx - User Reviews
Talwin Nx User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.