"Consumers and health care professionals will soon find updated labeling for extended-release and long-acting opioid pain relievers to help ensure their safe and appropriate use.
In addition to requiring new labeling on these prescript"...
Talwin Nx Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Talwin NX
Generic Name: naloxone and pentazocine (oral) (Pronunciation: nal OX one and pen TAZ oh seen)
- What is naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What are the possible side effects of naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What is the most important information I should know about naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- How should I take naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Talwin Nx)?
- What happens if I overdose (Talwin Nx)?
- What should I avoid while taking naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- What other drugs will affect naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
Pentazocine is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers.
Naloxone is an special narcotic drug that reverses the effects of other narcotic medicines.
The combination of naloxone and pentazocine is used to treat moderate-to-severe pain. Naloxone is included in this combination to prevent the misuse of the narcotic ingredient.
Naloxone and pentazocine may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Naloxone-Pentazocine 50 mg-WAT
oblong, green, imprinted with 395 50 0 .5, WATSON
What are the possible side effects of naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using naloxone and pentazocine and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- confusion, hallucinations;
- fast heart rate;
- weak or shallow breathing;
- chest pain;
- seizure (convulsions);
- cold, clammy skin;
- confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- severe anxiety or restlessness; or
- feeling like you might pass out.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, drowsiness;
- headache, weakness;
- sleep problems (insomnia), strange dreams;
- diarrhea, constipation;
- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin;
- blurred vision; or
- ringing in your ears.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Talwin Nx (pentazocine and naloxone) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about naloxone and pentazocine (Talwin Nx)?
Never crush a naloxone and pentazocine tablet to mix into a liquid for injecting the drug into your vein. This practice has resulted in death with the misuse of pentazocine and similar prescription drugs.
Pentazocine may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Naloxone and pentazocine should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.
Do not drink alcohol while you are taking naloxone and pentazocine. Alcohol can increase some of the side effects of narcotic pain medicine.
Never take more than your prescribed dose of naloxone and pentazocine. Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain.
Naloxone and pentazocine can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Do not stop using naloxone and pentazocine suddenly after long-term use, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication.
Additional Talwin Nx Information
Talwin Nx - User Reviews
Talwin Nx User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.