"Dec. 5, 2012 -- It's never too late to start reaping the benefits of a heart-healthy diet.
A new study shows older people with established heart disease who ate the most heart-healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fish, and nuts ha"...
Tambocor Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What are the possible side effects of flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What is the most important information I should know about flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking flecainide (Tambocor)?
- How should I take flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Tambocor)?
- What happens if I overdose (Tambocor)?
- What should I avoid while taking flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What other drugs will affect flecainide (Tambocor)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Tambocor)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Tambocor)?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.
Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, slow heart rate, feeling like you might pass out, or seizure (convulsions).
What should I avoid while taking flecainide (Tambocor)?
Follow your doctor's instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity while you are using flecainide.
What other drugs will affect flecainide (Tambocor)?
Before taking flecainide, tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- cimetidine (Tagamet),
- digoxin (digitalis, Lanoxin);
- a diuretic (water pill);
- verapamil (Verelan, Calan, Isoptin);
- seizure medication such as carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Tegretol), phenobarbital (Solfoton), or phenytoin (Dilantin);
- other heart rhythm medications such as amiodarone (Cordarone), disopyramide (Norpace), or quinidine (Quinaglute, Quinidex); or
- a beta-blocker such as atenolol (Tenormin), labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol), propranolol (Inderal, InnoPran), sotalol (Betapace), timolol (Blocadren), and others.
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with flecainide. Tell your doctor about all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about flecainide.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 3.10. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Tambocor Information
- Tambocor Drug Interactions Center: flecainide oral
- Tambocor Side Effects Center
- Tambocor Overview including Precautions
- Tambocor FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Tambocor - User Reviews
Tambocor User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.