"Oct. 28, 2012 -- Flu vaccines may do more than guard against infection. New research hints that the vaccine, which is recommended for all adults, may also help the heart.
Two new studies presented at the 2012 Canadian Cardiovascular C"...
Tambocor Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What are the possible side effects of flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What is the most important information I should know about flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking flecainide (Tambocor)?
- How should I take flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Tambocor)?
- What happens if I overdose (Tambocor)?
- What should I avoid while taking flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What other drugs will affect flecainide (Tambocor)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking flecainide (Tambocor)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to flecainide, or if you have certain heart conditions, especially "AV block" (unless you have a pacemaker).
Before using flecainide, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- congestive heart failure;
- a heart condition called "sick sinus syndrome";
- an electrolyte imbalance;
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- if you have a pacemaker; or
- if you have had a heart attack within the past 2 years.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use flecainide.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Flecainide can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take flecainide (Tambocor)?
You will need to receive your first few doses of flecainide in a hospital setting in case the medication causes serious side effects. Your heart rate will be constantly monitored using an electrocardiograph or ECG (sometimes called an EKG). This machine measures electrical activity of the heart.
Take flecainide exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from this medication.
To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood may need to be tested on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Store flecainide at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Additional Tambocor Information
- Tambocor Drug Interactions Center: flecainide oral
- Tambocor Side Effects Center
- Tambocor Overview including Precautions
- Tambocor FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Tambocor - User Reviews
Tambocor User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.