"By Megan Brooks
Medscape Medical News
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will require makers of prescription testosterone products to clarify the approved uses of these medications on the product label and add information"...
Tambocor Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Tambocor
Generic Name: flecainide (Pronunciation: FLEK a nide)
- What is flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What are the possible side effects of flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What is the most important information I should know about flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking flecainide (Tambocor)?
- How should I take flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Tambocor)?
- What happens if I overdose (Tambocor)?
- What should I avoid while taking flecainide (Tambocor)?
- What other drugs will affect flecainide (Tambocor)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is flecainide (Tambocor)?
Flecainide is in a group of drugs called Class IC anti-arrhythmics. It affects the way your heart beats.
Flecainide is used in certain situations to prevent serious heart rhythm disorders.
Flecainide may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Flecainide 100 mg-AMN
oval, white, imprinted with AN 643
Flecainide 100 mg-BAR
oval, white, imprinted with b, 860 100
Flecainide 100 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with 85 10, M
Flecainide 100 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 070
Flecainide 150 mg-BAR
oval, white, imprinted with b, 861 150
Flecainide 150 mg-MYL
oval, white, imprinted with 85 15, M
Flecainide 150 mg-ROX
oblong, white, imprinted with 54 150
Flecainide 50 mg-AMN
round, white, imprinted with AN 641
Flecainide 50 mg-BAR
round, white, imprinted with b, 859
Flecainide 50 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with 85 05, M
Flecainide 50 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 024
Tambocor 50 mg
round, white, imprinted with 3M, TR 50
What are the possible side effects of flecainide (Tambocor)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, slow breathing (breathing may stop);
- dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeat;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling);
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling);
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness; or
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- tremor or shaking;
- anxiety or depression;
- vision problems;
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
- diarrhea, constipation; or
- numbness or tingling.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Tambocor (flecainide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about flecainide (Tambocor)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to flecainide, or if you have certain heart conditions, especially "AV block" (unless you have a pacemaker).
Before using flecainide, tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure, a heart condition called "sick sinus syndrome," an electrolyte imbalance, liver disease, kidney disease, if you have a pacemaker, or if you have had a heart attack within the past 2 years.
You will need to receive your first few doses of flecainide in a hospital setting in case the medication causes serious side effects. Your heart rate will be constantly monitored using an electrocardiograph or ECG (sometimes called an EKG). This machine measures electrical activity of the heart.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as weak pulse, slow breathing, fast or uneven heartbeat, feeling like you might pass out, feeling short of breath, swelling, rapid weight gain, confusion, extreme thirst, increased urination, muscle weakness, or jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Additional Tambocor Information
- Tambocor Drug Interactions Center: flecainide oral
- Tambocor Side Effects Center
- Tambocor Overview including Precautions
- Tambocor FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Tambocor - User Reviews
Tambocor User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.