- What other names is Tannic Acid known by?
- What is Tannic Acid?
- How does Tannic Acid work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Tannic Acid.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Cold sores and fever blisters.
- Diaper rash.
- Minor burn or sunburn.
- Prickly heat.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Cancer, swollen tonsils, ingrown toenails, poison ivy, thinning gums, sore throat, poison ivy, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.