In this Article
- What other names is Tansy Ragwort known by?
- What is Tansy Ragwort?
- How does Tansy Ragwort work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Tansy Ragwort.
Medications that increase break down of other medications by the liver (Cytochrome P450 3A4 [CYP3A4] inducers)
Interaction Rating: Major Do not take this combination.
Tansy ragwort is broken down by the liver. Some chemicals that form when the liver breaks down tansy ragwort can be harmful. Medications that cause the liver to break down tansy ragwort might enhance the toxic effects of chemicals contained in tansy ragwort.
Some of these medicines include carbamazepine (Tegretol), phenobarbital, phenytoin (Dilantin), rifampin, rifabutin (Mycobutin), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.