Tattoo Removal (cont.)
In this Article
- Who can benefit from laser tattoo removal?
- How do I find a reputable doctor to do laser tattoo removal?
- What can I expect during the laser tattoo removal?
- What are the possible side effects of tattoo removal?
- Is laser tattoo removal safe?
- Does insurance cover laser tattoo removal?
- Find a local Dermatologist in your town
Does Insurance Cover Laser Tattoo Removal?
Since tattoo removal is a personal option in most cases and is considered a cosmetic procedure, most insurance carriers will not cover the process unless it is medically necessary. Physicians or surgery centers practicing tattoo removal may also require payment in full on the day of the procedure. If you are considering tattoo removal, be sure to discuss associated costs up front and obtain all charges in writing before you undergo any treatment.
WebMD Medical Reference
Skinsight.com: "Tattoo Removal, Laser."
Medscape: "Tattoo Lasers."
Reviewed by Michael J. Wheatley, MD on June 12, 2012
Last Editorial Review: 6/12/2012
Find out what women really need.