In this Article
- What other names is Taurine known by?
- What is Taurine?
- How does Taurine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Taurine.
In one report, very high doses of taurine, 14 grams daily, has been linked to a serious condition called encephalopathy. But there is not enough information to know if this side effect was actually caused by taurine or other drugs that were being taken.
Do not use taurine if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a condition called bipolar disorder.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.