In this Article
- What other names is Taurine known by?
- What is Taurine?
- How does Taurine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Taurine.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Taurine might reduce urine flow and slow down the rate at which lithium is flushed out. This could increase levels of lithium that stay in the body. As a result, your healthcare provider might need to lower your dose of lithium.
- For the treatment of congestive heart failure: 2-6 grams of taurine per day in two or three divided doses.
- For the treatment of acute hepatitis: 4 grams of taurine 3 times daily for 6 weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.