- What other names is Taurine known by?
- What is Taurine?
- How does Taurine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Taurine.
Possibly Effective for...
- Congestive heart failure (CHF).
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol, seizures, improving mental performance, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cystic fibrosis, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Taurine work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.