"Dec. 5, 2012 -- Doubling the time that breast cancer patients take tamoxifen cuts the risk that the cancer will come back and further lowers the risk of dying of the disease, a new study shows.
The study is expected to change the way"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
Teslac Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is testolactone (Teslac)?
- What are the possible side effects of testolactone (Teslac)?
- What is the most important information I should know about testolactone (Teslac)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking testolactone (Teslac)?
- How should I take testolactone (Teslac)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Teslac)?
- What happens if I overdose (Teslac)?
- What should I avoid while taking testolactone (Teslac)?
- What other drugs will affect testolactone (Teslac)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking testolactone (Teslac)?
Testolactone should not be used for the treatment of men with breast cancer or in patients with a history of allergic reactions to the drug.
Testolactone is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether testolactone will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
Testolactone passes into breast milk in small amounts and may affect a nursing baby. Do not take testolactone without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take testolactone (Teslac)?
Take testolactone exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
It is important to take testolactone regularly to get the most benefit.
Your doctor may want you to have breast exams (or to perform self breast exams), mammograms, blood tests, or other medical evaluations during treatment with testolactone to monitor progress and side effects.
Store testolactone at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep this product out of the reach of children.
Additional Teslac Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find support and advances in treatment.